Until the 18th century
On the land which dominates the river of l'Aygue Longue, in the middle of the vines, a park with centenary trees and livewells nestles : Château Sénéjac.
Nicolas de Bloys is the first known owner. In the 16th century, this spirited squire - husband of Jeanne Fleix - planted the first vines on the estate.
In the 18th century, the castle was bought by Joseph-Ignace de Chatard, a member of the Bordeaux Parliament. In 1746, he sold Sénéjac to his nephew, Jean-Louis Baour, future mayor of Pian-Médoc, who undertook the construction of new buildings.
From the 19th century
to the present day
By the middle of the 19th century, Château Sénéjac vineyard was already producing the equivalent of 100,000 bottles per year. Several owners succeeded one another at the head of the vineyard until 1860, the year of acquisition by the Comte de Guigné whose family remained owner during 139 years.
In 1999 Charles de Guigné sold Château Sénéjac to Lorraine Cordier, also owner of Château Talbot, Grand Cru Classé in Saint-Julien. A new impulse is given to the vineyard to bring it up to the level of the best Médoc wines.
Since 2011, when Lorraine Cordier passed away, her nieces Philippine and Marguerite and her nephew Gustave have taken over the family property, supported by their parents Nancy Bignon-Cordier and Jean-Paul Bignon.